Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Critique my Flash website, please...

www.johnaretakis.com

HEY- I recently finished a Flash website for a good friend and talented artist, John Aretakis. I am looking to show off my 'Flash-work' and get some feedback from my esteemed fellow Hasher's...who's opinions I respect.

John is a mural painter, an art-deco neon electric sign maker, a graphic artist/illustrator, a 2D cel-animator and a 3D hash animator. He's looking to drum-up some work with this site...

NEXT---it's high time I redo my own website... it just takes so dang long! I REALLY like the latest version of Flash though, there are some BIGTIME improvements.

Anyway, the site is 95% done, so there are some 'dead-ends' here and there. Other than that, let me know what you think!

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks good overall, Matt.

I have a horizontal scroll bar on every page at 1024 X 768, though. You might want to trim it down to eliminate that since as far as I know 1024 is still the most common visitors' resolution.

Curious...What are you favorite improvements to Flash?

Nos

I agree the size of the flash page is too large. Shouldn't really have a horizontal scroll.

The image on the first page that is a link to his portfolio should indicate what it is I think. That page should probably be a little more descriptive of what the site is maybe.

I think the design is good overall though.

Thanks- I just pulled it up on our little mac and I see what you mean...I'll fiddle with the publish settings.

EDIT: Fixed it...it scales to the particular browser now... thanks!

Appreciated!

Nos-The main new diff (for me) is the new On2 VP6 compression, and the fact that it comes with Flash8 pro whereas with Flash7 you had Sorenson Squeeze which had terrible results so you needed to buy sorensonPRO for 4-5 hundred.

If you visited Johnnies ANIMATION page there are 2 buttons wired to ON2 movies, which start to play fast and look great... the component and ease of use of implementing that (video streaming within flash) was very easy to accomplish and customize.

THE OTHER main big improvements are the graphic effects (drop shadows, embossing) and blend-modes, and there has been major work done to the Flash8 player free-utility to speed it's playback and ease the transition from older versions. Read more at Macromedia...

http://www.macromedia.com/devnet/flash/?promoid=CABD