Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Film Still from Stop-Motion/CG film...

Here's a rather simple and sort of boring little still from my new film. The only "real" thing in this image is the puppets... the rest is CG. Does it look alright to you all. I'm pretty satisfied with it. Just like to get some thoughts.

(I have to go back in post and erase those nasty green halos off of my little guys)

Thanks,

Justin

still.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only the edges but there appears to be some transparency as well. With the software that I use for green/blue screen, there's a low threshold and high threshold option. With high threshold ramped up, I will get similar to what you have - some transparency (unless the picture deceives my eyes) and possibly halo. If the lighting on the green screen is consistently lit and it has good luminunce, I can do away with the high threshold option altogether (I mean you might use it a bit to soften things). Also if you if you have an option for chroma blur that you can apply before the chroma key, that will take away the hard clipping. You might not even have to do anything in post. If your software doesn't have these specific options, it may have something similar. When I first started compositing, the options weren't imediately apparent to me.

Once again you have a very funny and cool clip. I showed it to my small daughter. Good wholesome family character building entertainment. Hey! She knows it's all movie making!