Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

for all your old shredders out there...

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I felt like I embarrassed myself so I removed the post. Still too much of a newbie to post in the Showcase forum. My apologies.

Okay, so you ain't a spline master... I woulda liked to see it... And Hash, in general, seems to show the newbie stuff as much as the ohmigod stuff... I beleive Martin supports our endeavors, actually enjoying watching us progress in our mastery of the software... but, if it isn't up to your standards of your own best work.. then post it in WIP... get some critiques... and some ideas on how to improve it... But don't stop and leave us hangin'

It's kinda like there are no stupid questions...

Thanks, S.L.

I like it... IIRC mine was a late 60's model... maybe early 70s but I doubt it... they were a bit narrower then... no decals... no skid tape... just an oval hunk o' wood without a kicker but at least I had orange/brown composite ball bearing wheels... some of the kids still had metal wheels on theirs...

down the hill by the lagoon in Lincoln Park...wooo hooo! Of course, now, at nearly 50, it'd kill me... but thanks for the memories!

Well thanks for the compliments. Its nice you mentioned the wheels, because I'm still learning AM, but it finally got through to me how splines affect each other. The first wheel I made was more like a doughnut, and then I realized I needed to make a few extra splines to act as a buffer, allowing me to create the inner curve while still keeping the rolling surface of the wheel relatively flat. I was really happy with how the wheels turned out. The Anzovin "Quick Start" CD helped immensely. I first started with Maya, but I feel AM is by far the easier program to use.

Thanks again.

SL.