sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Greaseman Head -- From the Radio Show

Hi Guys,

I would like to share something that I have currently in the works. The head is complete, but I am still working on the body.

The Greaseman is based on a real Disc- Jocky from DCRadio700.

http://www.greaseman.org

I've been listening to him for years and he's really funny. I hope to create some animated shorts based on his radio sketches.

[attachmentid=9731][attachmentid=9732]

-Edit--- This is the Front and Side Profiles that I drew. I based it on some photographs that were available on the Greaseman site.

[attachmentid=9730]

Cheers,

Rebecca :lol:

post-1230-1128428706_thumb.jpg

post-1230-1128429285_thumb.jpg

post-1230-1128429320_thumb.jpg

Edited by DigiAnimeGirl

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I started with a drawing. I analyzed actual photographs of Greaseman and drew the front and side profile.

trajcedrv-

presume that this is anime - style portrait of the person, otherwise the eyes would be too big (of course, this is just my oppinion)

I purposely made it big. I wanted a cartoony and goofy look to the character.

When you listen to him on the radio, he sounds kind of cartoony.

I plan to make Greaseman into an Anime character.

I didn't want to deal with a lot of texture mapping, so I'm planning to use the Cartoon Renderer.

Most of my character designs look very anime anyway.

:P

I'm currently working on another 3D model based on real life. He's from a J-Rock/Metal band.

Chairoscuro-

From the looks of the photos, I believe it's a Blondish Brown color. The coloring on the model is not final. Greaseman is still on the Radio at DCradio 700. His show is on the radio and online. You can go to www.live365.com and find his online radio station.

Maleman-

I'll post some wireframes soon. As for the eyes, I used decaling. I colorized the Iris in photoshop and decaled it on the sphere.

Here's a picture of the body, which is in the works. I tried to make him "big" and "bulky", which he always emphasizes about himself. Since I'll probably do this myself, I may want to use a simple storyline from his various sketches, or I'll probably have him say his famous catch phrases.

[attachmentid=9734] :lol:

cheers,

Rebecca

post-1230-1128429535_thumb.jpg