Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Pole Spin/Jump-2 versions

Hey guys, even though I'm posting this in the WIP section,

this is a finished deal, as I've taken this as far as I want to take it practice wise.

From the comments - worked on the run cycle and redid the grab for one hand instead of 2...

There are a few issue still, much coming from the fact that the run cycle on the path ended with the wrong foot for the jump to the pole...

Anyhows, this was good practice for me.

I rendered one with no blur and one with A-buffer blur.

http://www.vrcops.com/vids/Run2PoleQA.mov

http://www.vrcops.com/vids/Run2PoleBlurA.mov

Later

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

...I've taken this as far as I want to take it practice wise

Me like ... are you going to have her sneaking around in the dark?

Thanks for checking it out!

Still ironing out the script!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I know your not planning to change it, but I think it might have been better for her to do a flip. I think shes a little to horizontal to be able to land like that. You have some really cool characters. Planning on making incredibles 2? :D

Hey tenez, I was actually going to put the flip in, but I lost steam, so to speak towards the end of this excersize.... so totally see what your saying with it.

From different angels it doesn't look so accomidating to a flip though....

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

Keep going on those animation exercises. I won't give you any criticism but I will ask you if you see anything wrong with the action? I don't think you should go back and change it, but I do think that if you examine the shot you'll know what to do to make the next one better.

Both motion blurs are fine. I couldn't even tell which was which until I paused on a blurry shot. Even then, your mom couldn't tell the difference. I think multipass should be saved for jittered lights and stills.

Again, thanks for posting. I watch all of your efforts. It's encouraging to see your constant improvement. We need animators on "Tin Woodman of Oz."

Overall very nice animation.

just two things my eyes notice - her run cycle: lifting leg seems to snap upwards too quickly. the landing could be a bit quicker just to keep it looking fluid.

Thats it! the leap doesnt need a flip IMO, The jump to reach the pole is beautifully done and so is the spin!

Multipass motionblur is alot better, but to be honest the A-buffer still works for simple stuff Iv only had problems with it when used with camera moves.

Nice work though - Nixie

"Keep going on those animation exercises. I won't give you any criticism but I will ask you if you see anything wrong with the action? I don't think you should go back and change it, but I do think that if you examine the shot you'll know what to do to make the next one better."

Hey Martin, thanks for checking the stuff out!!! I appreciate the comments. And that has sort of been my philosophy lately with animation. Work on something, but don't lament over it! And take any changes to the next animation. All to often in the past I would work 1 particular thing to death and it definately hampered any progress!

"Both motion blurs are fine. I couldn't even tell which was which until I paused on a blurry shot. Even then, your mom couldn't tell the difference. I think multipass should be saved for jittered lights and stills."

Again, good words here. I think it's a good point, that a non animator, representing the majority of potential viewers wouldn't notice the blur difference.

A buffer is very very very fast!

"Again, thanks for posting. I watch all of your efforts. It's encouraging to see your constant improvement. We need animators on "Tin Woodman of Oz.""

I'm looking forward to helping!!!

Thanks for taking the time to comment!

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com