sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Road rage circa 1916...

I don't know why, maybe it's really late, but this little bit cracks me up. This guy gets run off the road by Ravel in his ambulance and is pissed, so he goes to town honking his horn while Ravel drives off oblivious to what's happened.

Something about the squeezing to honk the horn is too funny to me. :lol: I'm thinking he needs to honk it about 5 more times.

The car isn't animated yet, it'll be rocking and stuff.

Clip: DiVX 900Kb.

test_anger_b_divx.avi

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Looks real good!!

Suggestion: Leave the left hand on the brake handle while he's shaking his right fist. Then move it to the horn. The wandering in the middle is distracting us from the fist motion.

And if you can, move the shaking fist so it isn't so obscured by his head. Someone watching it once probably won't catch it amidst all the car rocking

I wasn't entirely sure what I was looking at--er, let me rephrase that--I wasn't sure where my focus was supposed to be. I know that muscle memory would allow him to find the horn without looking at it, but I doubt I would have even noticed that he was squeezing the horn if you hadn't mentioned it in your post. OTOH, this is a movie about Ravel, not a guy honkin' his horn. (Did that sound indecent?) :blink:

Heh... it's just a background bit, and the sound of the horn going again and again and again, should be a little clue. Not to sell the animation short- but he's an angry man who honks his horn a lot. I considered having him lean over and go at it with both hands fully focused on the horn, but thought that was overkill.

Indecent? Not all, given some of the other things I've written about this piece (little girls' dress controls, etc...)