sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Passing the Ball

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup- Thats a work in progress alrighty. A great start. Put it 'thru the mill' once or twice more and maybe show us a little more what your thinking and what you are capable of... but better hurry- deadline is approaching and 'mime is money'...(chuckles to himself)

Thanks for the comments NancyGormezano and John Bigboote!

:D

clean up the nose thingy (make it a bit smoother)- add some interesting artistic background, textures

Put it 'thru the mill' once or twice more

The comments made me do some small modifications and here it is again.

Having put it through the mill seven times - but do not want to make an unhealthy white flour so still a bit grainy.

http://www.newstarget.com/002700.html

So I like the nose - showing this is an 3D faked artifact - a doll of CPs, splines and patches. And I do not want to do something to the background - this doll is in the 3D desert - doing his tricks - just the way Jesus, Muhammed and Buddha once did it.

Well you do not believe me?

Better test it yourself - by meditating a bit - sitting on your ass... twentyone minutes per day and it will keep the doctor away...

Still not believing me... Well then I cannot help!

passtheball_seven.mov

The Idea is cool, but I think that you need a few changes!

1) The mouth can be closed, use pose persentage and at 100 close it by moving cp, you will have than the possibility to move it.

Use the same technic for the eyelids changing the intermediate frames if the eyelids mesh crosses with the eye mesh.

Now he can blink!

2) As I see the animation it seems that the mime isn't rigged, he's too still, just move every 5 frames his body a bit, minor movements, it will make him look alive.

3) when you turn his head you might want to arc the head a bit, so that he doesn't seem possesed by the devil, (exorcist).

4) Use the pose slider technic for the nose, at 100 yo might ant to select the cp before the end an extrude them, and than pull te end ones, this shoud prevent them from overlapping and giving strange render artifacts.

5) You might want to squeeze and stretch the ball so that it will give a more bouncy look!

Try these minor adjusments and the result will look a lot better!)

The Idea is cool, but 1) The mouth 2) As I see 3) when you turn his head 4) Use the pose slider 5) You might want to squeeze

Try these minor adjusments and the result will look a lot better!)

Thanks a lot for all advices... I have not got the time... just now.... perhaps some other day... but I think he is alright... a little lipsynced - Huh - that is what I am missing most.

But we can do it to a cooperate project, rago?

Here is the project with the model and you are free to do some modifications... before 1 of june... and WE have passed the ball...

I will give you free hands...

pass_the_ball.zip

I doubt that I'll have the time to put my hands on it, because of my short I have to hand by the 28th of june for my thesis!

But if I do, I'll let you know!

The changes anyway all together shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours!

I doubt that I'll have the time to put my hands on it, because of my short I have to hand by the 28th of june for my thesis!

But if I do, I'll let you know!

The changes anyway all together shouldn't take you more than a couple of hours!

Thanks!