Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

New enviromental study.

Hello everyone,

This is a currently environment study. The idea was to create a fairly simple image with simple shapes and textures, and then to attempt to light it as realisticly as possible. I know I've still got a lot left to do, but I would love to hear any comments/suggestions.

~Danno

post-7-1109967953.jpg

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi Danno :

I suggest you, to use jpg extension when you are posting images here .. you will decrease image size and we can open it directly in browser ... now ill see your image ...

Looks like we hav a budding BPrince here.

It is a v.nice image. The main thing that strikes me at the moment though is that the light seems to be coming from two directions. I think that the glow at the end is a little too powefull for me to believe that the main illumination isn't cominig from there.

I look forward to seeing more.

the only thing i find distracting is that you seem to have placed the columns on top of the ground (sand?) material.

the columns should be embedded in the ground, with perhaps more variation in the surface height.

great image overall!

-jon

the only thing i find distracting is that you seem to have placed the columns on top of the ground (sand?) material.

the columns should be embedded in the ground, with perhaps more variation in the surface height.

great image overall!

-jon

Jon I agree... For the time being I was working on the lighting and getting the best render quality I could. But I've tried to incorporate a few of the suggestions. You can see my latest image below.

post-7-1109987593.jpg

Looking good!

Can I suggest that you place an image on the other side of that gate to use as a lighting refence for the viewer?

It could be a screen shot from the movie Gladiator or something. Just something to put the lighting you've employed in context. That harsh white area tends to be very distracting, and it prevents one from understanding the scene and the way the lighting might work. Since you're going for realism in lighting, rememebr context is very important. If you give the viewer enough clues, their brains will do a lot of your work for you.