sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My First Model

Dhar

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice. I like the blend of angles and smooth shapes. Are you going to take the texture further?

Do me a favor. Post it again only instead of linking it to a file--right above the add reply button there is a browse button which will let you attach the file directly to the Hash server that way we don't have to download a zip file, only to unzip it, only to be a single image. You can attach up to a 1mb file if you do it will automatically thumbnail and the like. Thanks.

Nice. I like the blend of angles and smooth shapes. Are you going to take the texture further?

Do me a favor. Post it again only instead of linking it to a file--right above the add reply button there is a browse button which will let you attach the file directly to the Hash server that way we don't have to download a zip file, only to unzip it, only to be a single image. You can attach up to a 1mb file if you do it will automatically thumbnail and the like. Thanks.

I'm waiting for my PaintPro to arrive and then see what I can do about texturing, although, the project I have in mind is to have simple characters.

As far as attaching the file to the post, I tried what you suggested twice and didn't work, probably because the file was a tad over 1MB (1.07). If there's a trick, I'm all ears :o

What Chris said will help. Render as targa, save as JPG, and scale down the quality just a touch and it should put you under the 1mb limit. BMP files are huge and very out of date. I think rendering a one frame Quicktime with a sorenson compressor would be smaller. B)

Thanks for considering it though.

Simple characters are good I was thinking more along the line of a bump map and a specularity map more than a color map.

J

I was thinking more along the line of a bump map and a specularity map more than a color map.

J

It didn't even occur to me. Thank you for the suggestion, I'll play with that over the weekend. I did, however, make the pupil and the iris 80% reflective, but that was too much, I'll play with that as well.