sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

making a scene...

sbk

This is a screenshot from an animated film I'm doing that will end up being around 9 minutes. It will be 3D with some 2D painted backgrounds, compositing, etc. This screenshot was largely from a 20 second test of my character, constraints, etc. etc. She comes up with the music box lid, and then dances around in a little repeated ballet move. The key turns, and her feet come off the pivot sometimes but that's intentional, because she's a character, not a doll. I'm quite happy with it so far, still tweaking (in between writing grant applications). Thanks to Vash, Colin, Josh, Vern and a bunch of other people I don't know.

Sean

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used the preview post button and the image disappeared. I found on a forum this was to be expected. Here it is again (I think...) It's 140K a .jpg and I see the little thumbnail, at least before I post it...

post-7-1108657147.jpg

Very nice... uh... screenshot... um... er... maybe if you made it bigger.

-----------------

Okay! There it is! hah!

I like it. I think the bright specular highlight from the lamp is blowing things out a bit. It looks great from about 1 quarter in or a 3rd from the left. The fade of the light from that point to the right looks very nice.

Lowering the intensity of the lamp would also give more focus to the ballerina in the box. Softening the falloff of the spotlight on her as well would make it look less "intentional" if you follow me.

Is the lamp casting a yellow color or is that the specular color? I think that is what is hitting me.

I would like to see just a subtle detail of texture on the macrame doily... you don't have to weave splines or use cloth... just something to soften the look of it.... it needs more smaller holes..

Sorry if I seem overly harsh. Someone mentioned somewhere that we are too nice overall in our critiques in the WIP section.

I like it... but if that was all I said... no one learns anything!

Vernon "Smart a**" Zehr

Edited by heyvern