Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Bring Life back to Accounts Payable

3DArtZ

Hey Hashers, I just wanted to take a moment to intro myself here.

My name is Mike Fitzgerald and I'm pretty psyched that I get to be the Mod. for the rigging section of our Favorite App on such a great forum!

I definately want this to be an active area of the forum where people can come to learn about rigging, but to also share what they know about rigging and everything related.

How you ask? Well, I'm not too sure but I'd like to hear from people on what they'd like to see this section of the forum contain.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking that the standard stuff, like posting relavant topics pertianing to rigging, in the form of a question and also in the form of "Hey look what I just did!" would be excellent.

Rigging about both organic character stuff, but also mechanical and robotic stuff.

Things like Shoulders, hips and hands and things like Guns, cars and airplane propellers.

Ofcourse I think that things that can be used to enhance rigging should be included such as EXPRESSIONS. Questions about how to use them and posts about how people use them.

So, with all this being said, if anyone would like to post some thoughts on the subject matter, feel free. If not, I have a couple thoughts about thing we could do in here, just need to organize it in my head before trying to explain stuff.

But lets hear from you guys about it!

Thanks guys,

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Um, what's the question, if there is one?

Do you want to find out info on how the IK chains work in A:M?

If the you have a 2 or more bone chain with parent child relations happing, IK happens automatically.

But the raw IK is pretty much impossible to control without establishing some contstraints.

Tell me where you're gettin stuck with Thom.... we can take him apart to see what's happening.

Mike Fitz

www.3dartz.com

I have a face rig based on Victor Navone's mouth rig in this thread. The rig without the forehead controls is the "newfacebones.zip" on the second page of the thread, a short explanation of what I did is in the "newbertramfacerig1.zip" and "newbertramfacerig2.zip" on the second page, the rig with the forehead controls included is on the third page in the "newfacebones3.zip" and the final for the test animation is the "0109render.zip" on the second page. Included in the zips of the rig is the audio file and Action used in the test. I'm going to be putting a tutorial together for making the rig...at least that's what the voices in my head tell me.