Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

LiquidCloth

Here's something I made really quick after seeing one of the animations on the Maxwell website. The topic is in the OT section, you should check it out. Anyways, it made me want to try to mimic liquid with a:m, this is the best I could do but I'm still playing around with it, I'll post some other things later if I get something cool :) .

All it is is a model of a wineglass with a seperate model for the wine with a seperate bone. The wine tilts with the glass because of the bone, but the surface of the liquid is cloth with gravity turned off and a force to give the surface ripples. Its nothing special but it looks cool, although I wish you could see the ripples better. Download the project if you want to see what I mean! Post if you make some liquidy stuff with a:m, maybe this topic can be used for thinking up ideas of how you can make good looking liquid in a:m.

-Later

Click for the Animation

Also Click for the WireFrame Animation

Click for the Project

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hmm..there shouldnt be any missing files :huh: . What are the files that are missing? The only thing I can think of are the skylights but those arent needed, that was just for the final render. As for the animation not working, I'm really sorry, winamp really sucks and so I'm converting all of my animations to Quicktime instead. Its easier to view anyways, I hope that clears a few things up, the animation should be up here any second..

For now, I just finished the new animation and converted it to quicktime. (Only700Kb and better quality than winamp! A great free converter is called TMpegEnc) Anyways, I originally tried to make it look like water but it came out looking a little too viscous, so now it kinda acts like some kind of clear syrup. I'm still happy with how it looks though, and I hope you are too! Tell me what you think! I'll keep working on this stuff and update whenever I find something worth telling. The animation and project files are below..

The Animation

The Project

EDIT:: just wanted to add that it took around 16 hours to render , sorry it isnt longer or better looking :)

Edit once again::

Here are the animations of the wine in Quicktime for those who couldnt view it, unfortunately I deleted the originals <_< so they dont look great now, but at least you get the idea.

The Animation

The Wireframe