sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Office Space

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this from a tga sequence, or was it first rendered to avi, and then converted to

wmv?.

In other words, do you have an uncompressed version of this that has the same issue?.

If it's clean in tga sequence or raw avi, I would try Quicktime Sorenson 3.

Phil

Looks like a compression artifact to me. It is common for compressort to reset frames at evert 30 frames. It is user defined but the default is 30. CHeck your targa files first. If the targa files have the same problem then you might want to report this to support. If you don't render to targa, then we can't say for sure what's causing the problem.

I'm rendering to .avi and I have the same problem with the render right out of a:m,

Unless your render is to RAW avi, you can still be generating compression artifacts. The only way to be sure of having zero artifacts is to do a tga sequence render, and test it.

Phil

That and the codec used could be the issue.

It would still be best to render to TGA, and then build your video from there. It's MUCH faster to build different versions of videos from a TGA sequence, then it is to re-render the entire AVI each time.

Phil