Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Facial Animation WIP

hello everyone,

i can't believe how simple it is to animate the face with a setup like the one jason osipa sets up in "stop staring". i know this isn't pixar quality, but it is definitely the my best attempt so far at lip synch and this is only the second pass. i haven't touched anything but the lips and jaw, still need to rig the rest of the face....got a bit tired of rigging and wanted to play.

anyway here it is (628Kb Sorenson3 Quicktime):

LipSynch WIP

please.....all critiques are welcome!

thanks,

dieter :wacko:

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

YES! this book is totally worth it! it is easy to understand and with the info available on this forum, it is pretty easy to setup in A:M. i got these results with only the simple setup, which uses only 7 pose sliders(w/o the tongue...which i haven't rigged yet) for the mouth and 6 for the eyes/brows. i am looking forward to setting up this character with Complex setup so i can get alot more control, but i must admit the simple setup can get the job done....and its fun to use!

i think i am gonna just work with the simple setup for a month or two, get the basics of animating the face down and then step up to the complex setup. right now it is fun because there are only a few controls.

ok, i don't want to ramble on and on..... but the book is well worth it!

-dieter