Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

my new character

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks cool! I dont know if it will help but you can try upping the resolution to 800x600 or 1024x768. I dont know if you mean actual blurring or that pixelizing from zooming a low rez file in. I know it will show better detail by rendering a larger image.

You have a dark being that doesnt have much specular on him. Increase the size of your specular in his "surface materials" or "surface colors". Make the specular size larger than 100%. It works good on dull or shiney surfsces to bring some light on your character. (A good example is the way George Lucas lights Darth Vader.) Experiment with different (opposite colors?) colors to make things pop out against each other more. Tone some things down toward gray, let others be bright in tone.

The composition is very good. I like creatures with glowing red eyes!

Well, I believe my advice to you was wrong in that case.

Try putting your speculars settings back the way you had them and use more lights... if you are already using 2 or 3 lights reposition those so the highlights/textures show up more, because you want people to be able to see/feel what your character looks like and is made of, unless you want him to be shrouded in darkness the way he is. Did you input a diffuse setting for his clothing or materials? ---- all this is assuming you want his textures and materials and surfaces to be seen. If he is supposed to be a shadow creature then ignore what I'm saying.

EDIT:

Just keep playing around with the textures and lighting til you find what you are looking for... is actually the best advice.

Edited by entity