sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Glitch with Bias handles

New to AM:

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post this, but I know this is the only one I can post a pic.

Usually after saving and then reopening a project will this glitch occur. Upon reopening, I may see some artifacts or slight changes in alignment that I want to correct (another glitch?) When I try to move the CP's or the CP Bias points, the Bias handles jump way off the working area and can't be brought back in line. I have to shut down, not save and start over.

In the attached pic, you see a sphere that I wanted to tweak in a very close view around the bottom where all points converge. When I clicked on a Bias handle, it jumped to the point in the picture. I had to unzoom several times just to see where the Bias handle jumped to.

What causes this odd behavior?

sphere.gif

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I assume you're using 11t. This happens sometimes with cps when they're undone. It seems to be a bug.

But in general, you really don't need to adjust bias handles. In the majority of cases, the existing geometry is fine. Adjusting the handles also produces unpredictable animation.

When you say the model changes.....does it look more blocky or something like that? It might be the realtime resolution that's putting you off. Press PageUp to get incrementally better resolution. Also, you should render it(Press Q) to see what it's really looking like.

Yes, v.11. Not blocky, resolution is fine. The CP's are actually off from where they were before. I noticed it because I was following a rotoscope in great detail. When I saved it and opened it again the next day, two CP's were a very tiny bit out of whack. I wouldn't care if it weren't for the fact that the two CP's were part of a sphere, and if the CP's are just a little off, the sphere gets distorted.

I've been playing around with grouping and naming the various groups in order to hide/unhide them. Maybe I am causing the problem by not being careful enough in picking my CP's