sprockets Hans Donuts 3D Printing USS Midnight 1950s Street Car Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

bone rigging

jamagica

I want a bone/null that moves the whole body somewhere. I noticed that If I create a bone that goes over every control point that is controlled by other bones, those bones are not activating those points anymore (see screenshot below). What is the best way to create a rig that moves the whole body?

post-7-1095894881.png

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

There is already a root bone in the model window. Just click onto the name of the model in the PWS and you will see it. Riggers like TSM make a root bone under this that can move all other bones. It's usually the hip bone. But none of the root bones need points assigned to them. Just putting them at the top of the bone list will do the job.

I can't see the model bone in an Action window, either.

But you can add a bone that will move everything.

1. In the modeling window, go into bones mode, and then click on the Bones folder in the PWS.

2. Add a new bone. Call it something like Root. Make sure it is at the top of your list of bones.

3. Now, find the highest-level bone in your rig that you made and drag it over the Root bone's name in the list. This should move that bone and all of its child bones under the Root bone, and when you move the Root bone, everything else should move with it.

You may have to move other bones too to get all of them under the Root bone. Make sure that the bones are in the same relative order that they were before you added the Root bone.

That's the best I can explain it. HTH! :)

Edited by PixelDust