Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CRIMEBOMB! and MissD

Hey Forum!

Thanks for the kind words... I am attaching the 'final' version of the movie from earlier and another one I did quick on the side. Both are actually tests to use action blending, which for the most part works pretty cool, with a minimal of hitches. I think I stumbled upon a 'bug' or 'limitation' whereas when using v11 hair with dynamics'on' that any 'dynamic-constraints' do not appear at render time, like the program is only able to arithmaticly handle one, not both. I say that because I (naturally) put a bone in Miss D's 'chest area' with a dynamic constraint to add a 'jiggle' factor... and in my chor I can see it bouncing away REALLY nice...but when I render the movie that secondary action does not appear. Pity.

I'll prepare a project file and send it to support.

THIS IS THE SAME MOVIE FROM BEFORE BUT WITH A LOT OF REVISIONS.

CrimeBomb2.mov

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

And here is a fun action test, where I was really glad to see MissD's V11 hair perform quite well... the Mustang in the background was from somebody here on the list, I was just throwing props in to populate the scene. Once again, the dynamic constraint is NOT working (in her chest) Perhaps I'll turn off the hair and render a movie and see if it works then...yeah- thats what I'll do.

And this is an action blending into another action and back into the first...

I smartskinned the big guy, but need to remove it all and do it all over again... tricky stuff, that smartskin!

Happy Holiday (to all that applies to)

CrimeBomb3.mov

Alas- NO.

I can NOT get my dynamic restraint to render. I can see it working in the choreography but it WILL NOT RENDER. I just tried it 20 different ways and all were for naught. I wrote hash support. The only thing I can figure is there's a conflict between the dynamics of the hair and the dynamics of the dynamic support.

When I send my project file to Hash do I need to send all the models, decals, matierials etc. separately?

Yeesh!

i like the character designs overall.... way over the top! ' ' )

my suggestion for mr. bomb would be to square his shoulders a little more... they seem soft. but that's based on the standard hero archtype -- you might be going away from that a bit by design.

good luck with ms. d's dynamic constraints, but be warned that it might just top her earlier hair behavior for distraction value.

-jon

• 2 weeks later...

it's a little lacking in clearity... the stop and look part is to fast... I don't get a chance to see their expressions or faces very clearly. The idea and characters are beautifuly done and the lighting is good... why not give them some motions that warrent their characters... I understand the dynamix stuff isn't working properly.

Yow! I'd ask for her phone number, but I'm afraid the big guy'd stomp me.

Looks good. My biggest suggestion for the second clip is the big guy's movement--especially at the end, he looks like he's gliding, rather than running, and needs more of a sense of weight. This is the case to some extent with Miss D as well.

Still, good work! :)