Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Random Objects

Hey, I'm taking random objects and and modeling them in A:M...ya know why? because Its summer and I have nothin better to do :) . (plus its fun) I just made a soap dispenser, but I cant make the right brass/gold color so I just kept it uncolored except for the bottom. I think I'm gonna end up making a still with the things I'm making too. I'm also making a new character, but I wanna finish it's hands and head before I show it. I have never uploaded a pic to this forum so i dont know if itll work, if it does then awesome if doesnt....then I'll try it again :D

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Do you have any way to convert the image into a JPG? If so you can just attach it to your message down at the bottom of the message composition page.

BTW, the image does look like a soap dispenser.

There are a number of ways to make things look metallic. One way to simulate reflectivity is to use a material that spherically projects an image. In the materials section of A:M there is the projection map and environment map. To use these all you need is a good image of a room with good contrast. Apply the material to the group, tweak a little and it looks just like metal. For fun, a picture of your face or a camera up close will make things interesting.

To color it. Group the metal parts and add a bit of color and set the material opacity down between 85-95% and it will simulate the reflectivity of polished metal. To finish off the effect, add a specular size of 6 to 8 percent.