Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hello, and ahh.... IT WORKED!!!

With the help of KenH, and JohnArtbox, I was able to figure out how to get a model into AM V11, and have it look halfway decent! I had to edit the .obj before I brought it into AM to lighten it a bit, but it came in without a hitch, and as you can see looks great, thanks to Porcelain.mat.

Anyway, my first tests, and more will follow. My next goal is to decal this head, and try displacement tests with it. Wish me luck!

head1.jpg

V11test.jpg

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy cow that's scary! Inspired by the Lost Souls of Doom 3?

Was that the Z-brush import test you were working on? If so, could you post a wireframe of the head and possibly highlight some areas that need work?

Thanks,

Bjorn

3484_1083645740_large.jpg

I have done some Zbrush work with this, but I'm going to be redoing the character in AM especially concerning the UV's, via decaling. This screenshot is from Silo, which I modeled her in.

The things I had to edit were, the many edgeloops around the mouth, and the close wireframes that start at the corner of the eye and go up to the top of the head. I also had to remove the little connectors for the wires on the head because it really, really slowed down AM. I'm planning to use simple geometry for that, and if it works, a displacement or bump map to make it look like the original model.

I'm probably going to redo the wires on her head too. That way I can do the UV's, via decal on one, then copy and paste it and one decal will work for all! I'm really impressed with how this looks in AM though, especially concedering the amount of geometry that is there.

I'm working on the entire body, so this should be a fun test to do. I'll be updating it as I go.

Thanks for looking.

She looks good!....in a monster sort of way ;)

On the question of reducing the mesh, I found a quick way to do it is to bring it back into Z2. Go into the geometry option and you'll see it's on sub-division level 2. If you drag that to level 1 the geometry reduces and you can import that into AM. It might speed it up abit if it looks good.

I'm not sure what you mean by importing it back into Z2. This model was first made in Silo, then imported into Z2. So there wasn't any level 1,2 etc... when I started out with this head in Z2.

Can you explain a bit how you were able to get two levels on an imported .obj in Z2, without subdividing it after import?

Actually I'm not sure now. :) I think I'm confusing it with making a zsphere where you have that option before sub-dividing. I had a look since for an optimiser in Z2, but it appears to have been dropped since 1.5.