Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

2008 Skeletal Rig: Instructions on use?

TommyDAQ2

Hi, I've installed the 2008 Skeletal Rig into one of my characters (as best as I could). However, it's a really complex rig with lots of constraints and other things going on with it. Other than the install instructions, are there any other instructions, or tutorials on how to use it properly?

Other than that, is that the most up to date character rig publicly available for AM?

Thanks!

Tommy

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think there are any tutorials on actually using the 2008 rig I'm afraid.
I'd say just dive in and start putting your model into different posses, not necessarily animating as such, but just to get familiar with the rig.

Other rigs often used here are:
The TSM2 Rig (but that can only be installed if you are using A:M on Windows.)
The Squetch Rig
LiteRig (I'm going to say here though, that for me I found this rig not to be so robust in use. But others may have faired better with it than me)

I'm not sure how much animating experience you may have but I would highly recommend watching the following of Robcat's vid tutorials (see his signature in any of his posts to find them):
Making Bones Stay In Place
Keyframing Options
Keyframing Basics
Pose To Pose Basics
(Note: the links to these vids seem to be broken at the moment but hopefully they will be fixed soon!)