Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

FMod Studio (Music/Audio Effects Pipeline)

Rodney

• Admin

For both PC and Mac...

I don't know a lot about this so wont comment much except to say I'll put in a recommendation to check this out. (translation: Go get it!)

Especially for those of you included toward music, foley and audio effects.

What's the skinny?

Unless your budget is $100K or more you can now use these tools for free.

If over $100K then you'll need to license.

Note: FMod was free for non-commericial projects before but now it is officially free for independent commercial projects.

http://www.fmod.org

http://www.fmod.org/download/

The pitch here is more toward realtime audio for development of games but this can be leveraged by the small studio and independent animator.

I don't know the details but also note that due to this release several other audio software/services have expanded their services to independent artists.

Added: The software comes with example music and sound effects that will be well worth your time to download as well.

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

One of the interesting aspects of FMod Studio is the 3D Panner which you can quickly adjust to position of sound within your 3D scene.

Here's a video tutorial that discusses some of the thought, theory and application of 3D sound:

CJ3rpZGrHh0

Note that many of the video tutorials in the FMod series discuss the concepts behind the tools which will be useful even if not using FMod.