Plugin Development

Cybrknight

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

As I am reading through the manuals, I keep hearing about plugins. Eventually I would love to make some of my own.

1. how do you get started in plugin development?

2. any tutorials?

3. is there a scripting language inside this wonderful program?

Thanks,

Stede

There is no real scripting language. There have been Python and Lua experiments in the past, but it never got very far.

You will have to use C++ and Visual Studio to get a plugin working. I recommend this only to people who already have experience with C++/MFC-programming.

Steffen can tell you a bit more about that than me, but as far as I understand it, there are example plugins in the SDK for close to any plugin-type (for instance Export of 3d models, Render-Output, texture plugins, post effect-plugins, modelling helper-plugins and so on) which should help you to see how these things are done.

If you are still interested, please send me a PM or email me (werbung-at-patchwork-dot-de) to receive the last SDK. (will have to check with Steffen if we can make the latest SDK available to the public right now)

See you

*Fuchur*

As I am reading through the manuals, I keep hearing about plugins. Eventually I would love to make some of my own.

2. any tutorials?

Thanks,

Stede

There is no real scripting language. There have been Python and Lua experiments in the past, but it never got very far.

You will have to use C++ and Visual Studio to get a plugin working. I recommend this only to people who already have experience with C++/MFC-programming.

Steffen can tell you a bit more about that than me, but as far as I understand it, there are example plugins in the SDK for close to any plugin-type (for instance Export of 3d models, Render-Output, texture plugins, post effect-plugins, modelling helper-plugins and so on) which should help you to see how these things are done.

If you are still interested, please send me a PM or email me (werbung-at-patchwork-dot-de) to receive the last SDK. (will have to check with Steffen if we can make the latest SDK available to the public right now)

See you

*Fuchur*

Thanks, I know C++ well, but I am a Mac developer and user now. Clearly the plugins must work on a Mac, so I doubt they use MFC.

2. any tutorials?

Thanks,

Stede

See you

*Fuchur*

Thanks, I know C++ well, but I am a Mac developer and user now. Clearly the plugins must work on a Mac, so I doubt they use MFC.

They do. There is some sort of converting layer for the Mac. I am no c++ developer and cant say much about it but when i last time asked Steffen about it it was something like that.

See u

*Fuchur*