sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

On laptops, Quadro cards, refresh and SPACE

robcat2075

• Hash Fellow

Today via Skype I got to visit with forum member Roger. We were trying to ascertain why he was having so much trouble accurately placing new key frames in relation key frames he's already made.

What we discovered was that A:M was not updating the view window to match what the time counter was indicating. It looked normal if you just hit play, but if you scrubbed the time control forward or back it would stop with the last frame you scrubbed through and not draw the current one.

For example if you were trying to get to the frame where a bouncing ball has just touched the ground you would have to scrub to the frame after that before you would see the ball actually make contact.

If you hit the Space bar ("refresh display") the display would update to the proper frame but you had to always do that.

I presume this is a rare situation, but I mention it in case anyone else is baffled by why things don't appear to match up.

Hit the Space bar after every scrub.

Roger has an unusual laptop that has both the usual laptop graphics chips and also An NVIDIA Quadro display "card" built in. Somewhere in all that is probably the reason for this but I don't know exactly what's up with it.

Ideas anyone?

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Today via Skype I got to visit with forum member Roger. We were trying to ascertain why he was having so much trouble accurately placing new key frames in relation key frames he's already made.

What we discovered was that A:M was not updating the view window to match what the time counter was indicating. It looked normal if you just hit play, but if you scrubbed the time control forward or back it would stop with the last frame you scrubbed through and not draw the current one.

For example if you were trying to get to the frame where a bouncing ball has just touched the ground you would have to scrub to the frame after that before you would see the ball actually make contact.

If you hit the Space bar ("refresh display") the display would update to the proper frame but you had to always do that.

I presume this is a rare situation, but I mention it in case anyone else is baffled by why things don't appear to match up.

Hit the Space bar after every scrub.

Roger has an unusual laptop that has both the usual laptop graphics chips and also An NVIDIA Quadro display "card" built in. Somewhere in all that is probably the reason for this but I don't know exactly what's up with it.

Ideas anyone?

I have a similar lap top, not quadro though, but with an integrated intel and a Nvidia graphics card. I would try to go into the Control panel and the Nvidia graphics setting and set the power management for the

Hash software to Prefer maximum performance. That solved a delay issue I had, but I use V12 on Windows 7.