Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

CONNECTION PROBLEMS

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Yeah, I would have posted a shaded version but, as you can see, it doesn't render. :P

It looks.... well.... let's just say, a couple years ago (when I first made this model), I would have thought it looked fine. But I'm really trying to make this thing actually look good. There are two nasty looking creases at the top and bottom. On second thought, I'll just show it.

What the... great. it picks now to not work.... *sigh* anyway, yeah, there are wierd creases on it...

Hoo boy... Ok, so it was working.... <_<

Although you can't see it as well, due to the crappy job MS Paint does at making jpgs, but you can still kinda see that there are creases on the top and bottom there...

post-7-1078952725.jpg

You're getting creasing because you are stretching the 5 point patch too much. AM likes the 5 pointers to stay more or less regular and symetrical. Using them seems like your only option in this situation. However, the solution is easy. Take a look at the attached example. Hope this helps.

Javier

Connection.JPG

Yeah, for some reason I always forget that. I don't know why....

Now my next question is, there's no way to make a 5 point patch with a hook, is there? Cuz otherwise, I'm going to have to make, well... this is the whole model. So, unless I'm being an idiot, moving the 5pt would make me have to continue the 5pts all the way up, right? Or is there simply a better way to make this in the first place? If so, I'm not stuck on the wireframe I've got right now.

Edit: Heh, never mind. I had an epiphany. I just bumped up the lathe cross-sections to 8, instead of 4. problem solved. :P

Thank you guys, for showing me the obvious that I couldn't see. :lol:

post-7-1078954576.jpg

• 2 weeks later...