Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Version 11.1 Rendering Options+Duel Core CPU's

NETech2470

Hi, Just got back into AM11.1 was wondering what Rendering options are available for this version?

I read something about net rendering and it comes with so many licenses however i don't even see that option in my version so maybe its to old.

2nd Question: I have a duel Core CPU, is there anyway to make AM11.1 use both cores?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

Wayne

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

First... Welcome back to A:M!

Second... I strongly suggest you get up to our current v16 which comes with NetRender to more easily use your dual core CPU and of course, has numerous new features and stability fixes.

However... with V11.1 ( and anything before v16) you can run A:M twice and set one to render the odd frames in your sequence and set the other to render the even frames in your sequence to use both CPUs to their max. Of course this requires rendering to an image sequence such as targas rather than directly to Quicktime at first.

Windows 7 is very good at allowing you to max out the CPUs with multiple apps running without making the Windows interface slow down. Previous versions of Windows had trouble with that.

Wow that was quick! Thank You :D

I would love to upgrade and will once my budget allows. but until then im stuck on this version. I have windows 7 on another Hard drive but I was getting graphical problems with the software. tried all windows, graphic card, etc updates but problem remained so i kept using xp.

Thats cool though i can run it twice on same computer and have it do that :)

I will try it out in a few. Thanks Again!

First... Welcome back to A:M!

Second... I strongly suggest you get up to our current v16 which comes with NetRender to more easily use your dual core CPU and of course, has numerous new features and stability fixes.

However... with V11.1 ( and anything before v16) you can run A:M twice and set one to render the odd frames in your sequence and set the other to render the even frames in your sequence to use both CPUs to their max. Of course this requires rendering to an image sequence such as targas rather than directly to Quicktime at first.

Windows 7 is very good at allowing you to max out the CPUs with multiple apps running without making the Windows interface slow down. Previous versions of Windows had trouble with that.

• Hash Fellow

Year ago I was able to run A:M twice on dual CPU machine with Windows NT which was even more ancient, so it can be done.

You can avoid freezing the computer by launching the "Windows Task Manager" (CTRL-ALT-DELETE) and setting the "priority" of one of the instances of A:M to "below normal" so that when the OS absolutely needs to do something it can grad enough time to do it.

If you are just returning to A:M after a long time away I'll also suggest you watch this first installment in a not-yet-done A:M tutorial series aimed at new users. Although it was done in V16, the interface has changed very little since V11 and almost all of the principles presented will be good for what you have.

Good Stuff thank you, the past few days i have been collecting video help files, tuts etc

Everything has been very helpful. Im coming along quicker then i thought but its only due to the great help & video files you guys /gals have created & shared.

Back to learning :)