Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

My First Head

age234

I started off this little adventure making a 3D version of an Al Gore caricature I have. I wanted to animate him singing Paul Shanklin's hilarious "Al Gore Paradise". But, as you can see below, drawings are usually made with two dimensions in mind. So with only a side view available, I did the best I could.

At the same time I was making my first head model, and I'm still surprised, because I have always been in awe that people could make a model by making only half of the model.

Unfortunately, Al Gore will have to wait. In the meantime, I have a nifty start on a gnome/leprechaun (can't believe I spelled that right) thing. So, why not? It's my first head model, why not make it my first fully-rigged character? I need the practice.

post-7-1078023951.jpg

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I picked up OS X Beta 1 (great work, Randy!), so now I can render.

I've started on the textures for the face and added eyes. I'm trying to decide what age he should be. I think an old man with a knotty old cane would be cool. And I also need a name. Any ideas?

post-7-1078087201.jpg

I like the veins under the eye... was that done with texturing or modeling?

It looks like you might have some spline layout issues which are causing creasing (or that may be what you're after). In particular the three-point patch at the side of the nostril worries me.

Still, very good for a first head.

Zach

• 3 weeks later...