Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

X file exporter comparison

Hi everyone,

I'm having an issue with X file export. here's 2 examples

the AM one was exported with animation master, the FM one was exported using Frag Motion.

I tried both exports in game engines and the one produced by frag motion works and the one from AM doesn't.

One thing to note here is that the X file produced by AM was loaded into Frag Motion then immediately exported to a X file which made it work.

What I can tell you about this problem: It is DEFINITELY the bone information that is causing this issue for if I uncheck the bone information section OR export to the older DX7 version (which doesn't hold bone information) it works.

I was wondering if anyone here (perhaps Stephen Gross) could look into this and perhaps fix the export.

I understand that this wouldn't be a priority at all, just thought I'd bring it up as this would make my pipeline to use AM more of a reality for me without going through another application to "fix" my X output.

Thanx.

1_Bone_AM.zip

1_Bone_FM.zip

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Only thing I can see differences between the 2 is the AM model has 2 bones and the FM has 1 and the frames per second.

I believe by default AM generates 1 model bone no matter what. This is used to manipulate the model in the Choreography. Assigning another bone might be redundant and might be the cause of the problem. Both files mesh's look fine, normals are fine and neither had uv's assigned.

Try exporting the AM model out without adding additional bones? Not sure if the FPS would make a difference on the import unless your trying to load it as a sequence.

am_import.JPG

fm_import.JPG