Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

It's a Pitch tutorial - Force Keyframe?

Ralph

When I watched the video tutorial for Exercise 5: It's a Pitch the narrator on the video ended up having trouble with bones moving that were not suppose to move. The narrator pointed out that whenever bones are not moved on a particular keyframe their position is not remembered at that keyframe.

My question is... After manipulating some of the bones on a keyframe would it be a good idea to press the Force Keyframe button at the bottom of the screen if you wanted to make sure everything is anchored (or keyed)? Would forcing keyframes assign keys to all the bones regardless if they were moved or not?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

Welcome to the forum!

When I watched the video tutorial for Exercise 5: It's a Pitch the narrator on the video ended up having trouble with bones moving that were not suppose to move. The narrator pointed out that whenever bones are not moved on a particular keyframe their position is not remembered at that keyframe.

My question is... After manipulating some of the bones on a keyframe would it be a good idea to press the Force Keyframe button at the bottom of the screen if you wanted to make sure everything is anchored (or keyed)? Would forcing keyframes assign keys to all the bones regardless if they were moved or not?

Short answer, yes, but maybe not, depending on what you have done previously. The explanation is long to type out.

In my signature there is a link to videos I have made. Watch the ones on "Keyframing" options. The "filters" you have selected have a lot to do with what gets keyframed. What's a "filter"? Watch that video.

Welcome to the forum!

Short answer, yes, but maybe not, depending on what you have done previously. The explanation is long to type out.

In my signature there is a link to videos I have made. Watch the ones on "Keyframing" options. The "filters" you have selected have a lot to do with what gets keyframed. What's a "filter"? Watch that video.

Thank you! Your video explanation really helped me understand what is going on.