Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Lip Sync Comes and Goes

LensOnLife

Hi,

Set up a project with all 13 actors, a new action for each of them and then dropped a shot audio to each. Then made up a dope sheet seperately for each one adn noticed that only a few generated 'user properties' to move the lips. Surprisingly two that didn't generate teh lipsync were Sir Nigel and teh Skeleton (and I haev used both of these previously with lip-sync).

I guess the first question is whether or not the basic set of actors that come with AM can be used with LipSync/DopeSheets - should I haev been able to get lip movement from all the 13 actors within their respective actions?

Is there any way of examining an actor's properties (either in teh workspace hierarchy or the properties window) to be able to tell whether or not the actor is suitable for lip-syncing?

Oliver

P.S. Am using AM 13

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Is there any way of examining an actor's properties (either in teh workspace hierarchy or the properties window) to be able to tell whether or not the actor is suitable for lip-syncing?

In order for a model to work "automatically" with A:M's lipsync dopesheet - the model must have poses setup for some subset of the Preston Blair phonemes - ie FV, L, MBP, WQ, CDGKNRSTHYZ, etc

If you take a look at Eddy and open up User Properties/Face/Lip Sync - you'll see the poses that have been setup

Sir Nigel (or the one I have of Sir Nigel) does not have these poses - if you want him to use the dopesheet - then you will have to create the poses for him.

For Sir Nigel - I opened up User properties and only saw Fingers, Hands, Rig folders - There was no folder containing the lipsync controls. Not all models come with lip sync poses.

eddielip.jpg