Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Transparent .BMPs?

Rampage0007

Quick question...

I am having trouble finding an answer to. I am saving an animation as an image sequence. Those images are .bmp's, although the same problem occurres with .png and .tga When I then import these images into A:M as a layer, they are like 90% transparent. What am doing wrong when I save as image sequence???

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I may not be understanding what it is you are trying to do. BMP's do not have the functionality to contain alpha (transperancy) information.

-I take a series of sequentially numbered bmp (or tga, png ...) and import in the PWS as an "Animation or image sequence".

-In the Chor ( or in the PWS on Objects) right click , select new > Layer and the image sequence you imported into Images (in the PWS) should be selected.

-If you create the layer in Objects in the PWS, you will have to drag it in to the Chor.

-With the camera aimed at the Layer and the default Chor lighting (even with an object behind the layer) the layer renders normal for me.

So, my questions are:

Does this happen in the preview render (render mode and render lock mode)from the camera view?

Is there a transparency set on the Layer surface properties?

Drescripe your work flow (the steps you take).

Glenn