Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Scale the Lip Movement

LensOnLife

Hi,

I have used the standard Eddie character, set up an action for him, added some voice and then added a dope sheet. Adjusted the widths to sync lips with voice, everything worked fine but the lip movement is far too large for what I want - in fact it looks totally unrealistic. I went in and adjusted the percentage for each phoneme at each change in the timeline, so that action looks OK, but it will be very cumbersome if I have to do this every time I do lip syncing and I am sure there must a cleaner way around this problem.

Maybe I was dreaming, but I seem to remember a slider that could be used to change the range for an action - as I said maybe I was dreaming.

Does anyone know how I can modify a saved action so that I can apply it to models and restrict the range of movement of the mouth so it doesn't look like someone opening wide for the dentist every time there is a vowel

Cheers for now - looking forward to getting some suggestions from you experienced guys and gals

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

I have used the standard Eddie character, set up an action for him, added some voice and then added a dope sheet. Adjusted the widths to sync lips with voice, everything worked fine but the lip movement is far too large for what I want - in fact it looks totally unrealistic. I went in and adjusted the percentage for each phoneme at each change in the timeline, so that action looks OK, but it will be very cumbersome if I have to do this every time I do lip syncing and I am sure there must a cleaner way around this problem.

Maybe I was dreaming, but I seem to remember a slider that could be used to change the range for an action - as I said maybe I was dreaming.

Does anyone know how I can modify a saved action so that I can apply it to models and restrict the range of movement of the mouth so it doesn't look like someone opening wide for the dentist every time there is a vowel

Cheers for now - looking forward to getting some suggestions from you experienced guys and gals

If the lip sync is saved as a separate action you can decrease the enforcement value of that action.

To do this:

apply the action to the model

Select the shortcut to the action that appears under the model in the PWS (Project Work Space)

adjust the enforcement value (and perhaps type) in the properties panel

the enforcement value can be animated

If you want to adjust only certain properties, like only vowel phonemes, you'll need a more sophisticated solution. Or you could just make those vowel poses less extreme.