Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Background Image

El-manchego

Hi,

I added a background image (jpg), an underwater scene, to an animated fish I created. Some of you who have been assisting me may be aware of the fish.

Anyway, every time I render the animated fish with the background the background image is washed out almost completly.

This happens with every image I add not just the under water one.

I tried removing all the lights to figure out which light was the problem but even with NO LIGHTS it comes back as washed out.

Any ideas or suggestions. I really am stuck.

THX all.

4 got to add that my modeled fish is lookin like it's got lights beaming out of it in wireframe mode. What's that about? See atached.

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hmmm...just a guess: have you changed the gamma setting for rendering from the default? Calibrated your monitor?

Which vers A:M are you using? and are you on a PC? Mac?

Perhaps you can post the background image here.

(your image didn't get uploaded)

What are your render settings?

The lights beaming sound like they might be "normals". Hold down "shift" and then the number "1" to activate or de-activate "normals". Are you adding the background to the camera as a rotoscope, or did you add it to a plane as a decal? The way you added the image may have something to do with it. Render a top down view of your chor setup and post it.

The lights beaming sound like they might be "normals". Hold down "shift" and then the number "1" to activate or de-activate "normals". Are you adding the background to the camera as a rotoscope, or did you add it to a plane as a decal? The way you added the image may have something to do with it. Render a top down view of your chor setup and post it.

You're analysis was dead on, it was "normals".

I only drag and dropped the image of the background into the window and inserted it as a "Layer". SOunds like this may be wrong? I've attached an image. As previously stated it looks fine when not rendered.

post-12042-1214834630_thumb.jpg

post-12042-1214835950_thumb.jpg

hmmm...just a guess: have you changed the gamma setting for rendering from the default? Calibrated your monitor?

Which vers A:M are you using? and are you on a PC? Mac?

Perhaps you can post the background image here.

(your image didn't get uploaded)

What are your render settings?

Hello,

Don't think it's monitor calibration since the image in the background looks fine when it is not rendered (see image in above post).

I'm using V. 15.0c

I'm on a PC

render settings are default.

SMC

I only drag and dropped the image of the background into the window and inserted it as a "Layer". SOunds like this may be wrong? I've attached an image. As previously stated it looks fine when not rendered.

If your camera is going to move - then using a layer (or a dome) is what you want. If the camera isn't going to move then using the image as a rotoscope works

Check your option settings for the layer in the chor - you probably want it to be similar to what I'm showing: Flat shaded = ON , cast reflections = ON , cast shadows=OFF, receive shadows = OFF

layeroptions.jpg

If your camera is going to move - then using a layer (or a dome) is what you want. If the camera isn't going to move then using the image as a rotoscope works

Check your option settings for the layer in the chor - you probably want it to be similar to what I'm showing: Flat shaded = ON , cast reflections = ON , cast shadows=OFF, receive shadows = OFF

Round of applause for "The Great Nancy!"

some of my settings that should have been off were on. Gotta run but did a quick render and it looked 200x's better!! Will check again later.

THX!!