sprockets Hans Donuts 3D Printing USS Midnight spotlight Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

more than one action?

oakchas

But I can't member how.

here's the scene:

1.I want to have a cannon fire off screen.

2. reaction to firing causes cannon to roll across screen from right to left.

3. pause

4. cannon fires again.

5. reaction causes cannon to roll (funny path spiral) away from camera

6. pauses

7. cannon fires again.

8+. cannon rolls away from camera further, stops, fires at camera.

using ver 14 c

I have the action of the cannon's wheels rolling. I have created a chor where steps 1 and 2 occur. ending at 3.

How do i add steps 4 thru 8?

While you try to explain this to me, I'm looking up resources on the extra cd and dvd. I have the walk and wave tute... but that isn't helping. as I want the action to continue (if the walk was the rolling of the cannon, and the wave was the firing).

Help?

I'll post a mov file (no sound)

• Replies 6
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you aren't using paths, just animate he cannon firing and moving through the whole chor.

Then drag a new "cannon roll" action into the chor and set its "Chor Time Start" and "Chor Time End" values to match the timing of the second cannon move.

Drag a new "cannon roll" action into th chor for the third cannon move.

Use multiple instances of the "cannon roll" action and set the Chor Time for each instance to match each time the cannon moves.

If you aren't using paths, just animate he cannon firing and moving through the whole chor.

Then drag a new "cannon roll" action into the chor and set its "Chor Time Start" and "Chor Time End" values to match the timing of the second cannon move.

Drag a new "cannon roll" action into th chor for the third cannon move.

Use multiple instances of the "cannon roll" action and set the Chor Time for each instance to match each time the cannon moves.

That's the key... in red... I am using a path, though. Does that make a difference?

The only action is the wheels on the cannon turnng as it rolls. It's a one second action of a -360° rotation.

so:

00:00 off screen "boom"

00:00 - 01:15 cannon rolls to left stopping at left edge of frame. (I need to figure out ease here, too. So it slows its roll)

(that was one and one half wheel roll actions)

01:15 - 01:30 pause

02:00 Boom

02:01- 03:16 cannon rolls further along path

03:16 - 04:01 pause

04:02 Boom

Etc... through about 7 seconds... This is compressed time line... should be about 4 moves in 7 seconds give or take.

I'm sorry to add complexity to this... I'm only clarifying.

I found little of obvious help on the CD or DVD... but maybe opening a project with some actions will help... I'll look into that as I can.

I usta could do this... I'm getting too old (mentally) again.

But I can't member how.

here's the scene:

1.I want to have a cannon fire off screen.

2. reaction to firing causes cannon to roll across screen from right to left.

3. pause

4. cannon fires again.

5. reaction causes cannon to roll (funny path spiral) away from camera

6. pauses

7. cannon fires again.

8+. cannon rolls away from camera further, stops, fires at camera.

using ver 14 c

I have the action of the cannon's wheels rolling. I have created a chor where steps 1 and 2 occur. ending at 3.

How do i add steps 4 thru 8?

While you try to explain this to me, I'm looking up resources on the extra cd and dvd. I have the walk and wave tute... but that isn't helping. as I want the action to continue (if the walk was the rolling of the cannon, and the wave was the firing).

Help?

I'll post a mov file (no sound)

All you need to do is set the ease to the same percentage for the duration of the pause then set the ease to send the cannon on the path. I think this is kind of what you are trying to do?

cannon.mov

After setting up the euler drive for the wheels and determined the number of revolutions the wheels will make on the path, then it's just a matter of adjusting the ease for the cannon on the path. If you want it to stand still, you set the ease the same value on the path for the amount of time you want the cannon to pause. EXAMPLE:

At 3:00 cannon is at 20% on the path. You want it to pause 2 seconds. Set the ease to 20% at 5:00 on the animation. This will make the cannon not move for 2 seconds. Then just set the ease for the path constraint to 50% in say 5:15. This would make the cannon kick back to the 50% position on the path in 1/2 a second. You can also adjust the key frame bias so it eases in or out.

Here's the project files.

cannon.zip

EDIT: I forgot to put the choreography file in the zip. It's included in this file

cannon2.zip

Sorry about that

George

I know this is your project Charlie but I couldn't help myself. After making the cannon with the path, I had to see what it would look like with the cannon fire using squash and stretch with the cannon sound.

Here's what I came up with. I used only one action for the wheel turning. All the rest of the animation for the cannon is a choreography action. The cannon ball is on a path that's constrained to the cannon. The cannon ball is on the path to start but to have it hit the camera, I used offsets from the path.

cannon3.mov

Here's the project if you're interested

Cannon3.zip

George

Wow! great minds think alike...

You're right on my track...

I'm gonna finess it some... Well, quite a bit actually.

And use my cannon, of course... but this is very similar to what I'm trying to do! So, dissecting your chor will be a great help... But I did manage to figure out how to find the ease channel and use the multiple instances of the wheel rotate..

Thank you sooo much!

Charlie