sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

splinage issue

alano

Here's something I haven't seen before. In "improving" the patches on my model, I naturally want to attach ends of one spline to another to make one continuous spline. But when I do this, the splines connect but the result is not continuous. That is if I hightlight one side of the CP I get one bias handle and if I highlight on the other side I get a completely different bias handle. The "," key verifies that the spline isn't connected properly. This seems to be common all over the model, but if I create a pair of splines out in space and connect the ends, it works just as it should. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Alan

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow
Here's something I haven't seen before. In "improving" the patches on my model, I naturally want to attach ends of one spline to another to make one continuous spline. But when I do this, the splines connect but the result is not continuous. That is if I hightlight one side of the CP I get one bias handle and if I highlight on the other side I get a completely different bias handle.

A peaked CP will do this even if it is a continuous spline.

The "," key verifies that the spline isn't connected properly. This seems to be common all over the model, but if I create a pair of splines out in space and connect the ends, it works just as it should.

Sometimes a copy/pastemirror will do this. A model converted from a polygon mesh may do it.

I'm presuming this is happening at a spline intersection? Detach both spline ends from the intersection and attach them in space then attach that connection back to the model.

I'm presuming this is happening at a spline intersection? Detach both spline ends from the intersection and attach them in space then attach that connection back to the model.

That's the problem. When I do just as you say, I get the split spline. I tried smoothing, but since it isn't recognized as one spline it doesn't change anything since it wasn't peaked to begin with. I've never run across something like this before. The model is an egg carton and I think I'm just going to start over because the normals are causing me fits as well. As I clean up wrong facing normals, previously correct patches up and decide to switch wrong way round. AAARGH.

Thanks for your help.

Alan