Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Blue bones?

brockgs

Probably a simple property that got altered, but as I'm trying to do Exercise 6 and position shaggy, some of his bones have turned blue in colour and I can no longer control them properly. I can't grab the base of his hand bone and drag the whole arm around...I can't move it at all except for rotating it, or if I use the arrow keys on my keyboard it actually will deform the model itself. The bones that have remained while when un-selected operate as I would expect, just not the ones that are blue when un-selected.

I've attached a screen shot of what happened when out of frustration I had the bone selected and used the arrow keys.

...what silly thing did I do? Thanks. :-)

post-2185-1203041199_thumb.jpg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That Shaggy model might be a pretty old rig.

I always found, when animating with the older rigs (and this is a good practice to get into...) that it is best to use the rotate tool ® to twist a bones rotation. Also, make sure there aren't any poses you should turn-ON before animating... on my recent models I always have a Pose called 'Animate Ready' which turns on ALL necessary poses...constraints...TSM2 rig...it lowers the arms from the T-pose...sets dynamics etc...

The bones are supposed to turn blue when they have a keyframe on them.

Your problem of being able to move them is something else entirely. Do you have a constraint? If you are constraining the hand to the doorknob, then you will be restricted in how much you can move that hand. Maybe try rotating his forearm / biceps / elbow?