Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Surface Property Relationship

Camillo

I Could use some help.

I am trying to change the group surface properties over time (Ambiance percentage and Glow). I've got the latest David Rogers A:M book which states, surface changes can be made over time. The section on surface property relationships is a bit confusing. I've tried it in a relationship using both percentage and On/Off sliders, but I get no results. I'm sure it is some simple but important item that I'm missing. If someone could point me in the right direction I would be most grateful.

:unsure:

Thanks

Camillo

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Do you want to use a pose or just animate in the chor?

Animation in the chor:

1.) Create a model with a group with surface-properties.

2.) Bring it into the chor.

3.) Click on the short-cut of the model in the chor and activate the "show more than drivers"-button next to it. (looks like a folder-structure)

4.) Now open the folderstructure below and search for your surface-properties.

5.) Open your timeline and set the color (for example) to something you want it to look like.

6.) Move the time-slider to another frame and set another color.

7.) Now go to the shadedview and drag the time-slider around. You will see the animation of the color.

A pose can be created in a more or less equal way:

1.) Create a model with a group with surface-properties.

2.) Create a pose (for example percentage). If you do that, a relationship-action-window should be created under "Actions".

3.) Expand it and click on the short-cut of the model in the action and activate the "show more than drivers"-button next to it. (looks like a folder-structure)

4.) Now open the folderstructure below and search for your surface-properties.

5.) Open your pose-slider-window, set the percentage to for example 0% and set the color (for example) to something you want it to look like.

6.) Move the pose-slider to another percentage-value and set another color.

7.) Now go to the shadedview and drag the pose-slider around. You will see the animation of the color.

Info: If you dont see the animation, have a look at the left-down-part of the screen and make sure that you have the "ETC"-button ("Key Other") and the "keypose"-button activated.

Hope that helps...

There are other possibilities too... you can for example use a smartskin(multidimensional relationship) to manipulate the color of something.

For example you could tell a arm to become more red if it bends, or something like that...

*Fuchur*