Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Help w/ExtraDVD Library

MRanalli

Gang,

I recently purchased the ExtraDVD and cannot successfully link the library tothe PWS for drag n drop.

I have followed the instructions found at link http://www.hash.com/lib/. They were very helpful. I was able to move the original V11.1 data from the CD and the models, materials and projects all show as expected.

I successfully transferred the ExtrasCDVol1 and the folder shows in the PWS and I can drill down to all the great content.

Unfortunately this does not work for the new ExtrasDVD. No folder exisit in the PWS area for drill down. Perhaps there is some folder hierarchy which I am not following.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Mike

post-11507-1202841885_thumb.jpg

post-11507-1202841928_thumb.jpg

post-11507-1202841978_thumb.jpg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin

From the images you've posted I can't tell quite what you have there with regard to the Extra DVD.

Where did you copy that data?

I'm not sure about your usage of the word PWS here either as the Project Workspace isn't related to the content.

If you mean to say you can't drill down in Windows Explorer... now that is another thing.

There is a limited Library built for the Extra DVD and the easiest way to point A:M to it is to point it to the DVD folder containing the library. Once you've achieved success with that you'll be able to do the same should you move the data to your harddrive.

Thats one problem.

The other is that not all content on the DVD is in the Library. As I recall the Library is limited.

Perhaps given a little time we can fix that and create a full Library of all the content but I suspect a lot of the preview images aren't embedded in the files. (The preview images are required for the images to show up in your Library and if they aren't there they get replaced by a default icon.)

There should be a readme.txt file or two on the DVD that explains this a little more.

If you can find the Library file you can drag and drop it into your Library folder.

Dear Rodney,

Thanks so much for your efforts to help me. Sorry for my newbie use of terminology…..

I have used (searched) the forums to solve many problems in the past, but this is my first time posting. Many thanks to you and folks like Vern and numerous others who are consistently helpful.

Let me try to better explain my problem accessing the ExtraDVD content from the Library panel (when enabled is found below the PWS). I have tried to include more viewable images this time.

I get how to set the path to the .lib. After restarting, a folder shows up in the Library Panel. From there you can drill down the categories for new/additional models and materials. Drag and drop them from the Library panel. I am aware that many preview images may not exist. That’s OK.

post-11507-1203279527_thumb.jpg

Having moved the data to my hard drive for faster loading, I am including an image to show how those files are arranged.

post-11507-1203279630_thumb.jpg

So, setting the path works fine on my original v11.1 data and the CDVol 1 content, but does not work for my new ExtraDVD. I can drill into them w/windows explorer and I am able to import them individually, but no luck linking them to my library panel.

No ExtraDVD folder shows up in my Library panel after setting the path.

Thanks again,

Mike

• Admin

Mike,

Thanks much for the annotated images. That clarifies things a lot.

I'll look into it and get back to you (assuming someone doesn't beat me to it first)

I'm taking my family to see The Spiderwick Chronicles and will investigate upon return.

Added: Those two directories don't look like they are the same.

Syntax matters and the one in A:M is all caps. The one in windows is not.

Perhaps you can delete it and add it in again. (Note: I suggest restart A:M without the libary link present before you add it in again. This will ensure its not there and there are no conflicts when you open A:M again.)

• Admin

Mike,

I did a fresh copy of the Extra DVD content over to my v15 directory and connected to it via the standard method.

I can't help but think its the capital letters that are messing up your connection.

If you typed in the address manually thats got to be it. (I don't recommend doing that)

ExtraDVDLibrary.jpg

ExtraDVD.jpg

Mike,

I did a fresh copy of the Extra DVD content over to my v15 directory and connected to it via the standard method.

I can't help but think its the capital letters that are messing up your connection.

If you typed in the address manually thats got to be it. (I don't recommend doing that)

Hello again Rodney,

What you show is exactly what I am trying to achieve.

I don’t know why the image version I showed/posted was in caps. That’s weird.

I always navigate to the path rather than typing it in and I have tried many methods all restarting AM to make sure the changes were acknowledged.

I have accomplished so many other more difficult things w/AM, but this library panel problem w/ExtraDVD has me baffled. I don’t see any one else posting a problem with this, perhaps its time for me to set it aside.

Thanks and regards,

Mike

I am an idiot!

New info…. I just tried to import a model and project from the ExtraDVD and I get an invalid file message. I thought I ruled that out…. Sorry.

If I cannot import a model or program individually, then the library panel path won’t work.

Is there an ExtraDVD compatibility problem with my V11.1?

post-11507-1203442662_thumb.jpg

FYI, Mike