Jumping Points

Zombie Squid

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

No thats not it, the snap to grid is off. The offset does not seem to be aligned particularly to the grid. The screenshot attached shows an example of the problem. The first spline is a 4 point rectangle (corner visible) to which I tried to stitch in another spline to its edge. The green point in the picture is the height at which I clicked the rectangle. You can see though, that the point actually was added above where I clicked. Immediately after I added this point, I moved the mouse straight off to the left, creating a diagonal line. You can see that the point did not snap to any grid line, either. Is this a modeling setting that's gone wrong? A preference, perhaps?

post-11567-1200434611.png

OK, I was able to duplicate it in v14.0c and v13.0t

It only appears to happen when the section of the spline you are attaching to, has one (or both) of it's CP's peaked.

If you make your Rectangle from 4 seperate splines or Smooth (instead of Peaked) then this does not happen.

I can't say that I've done much splining with Peaked Splines.

It's easy to reproduce, so you should file a bug report.

OK, I was able to duplicate it in v14.0c and v13.0t

It only appears to happen when the section of the spline you are attaching to, has one (or both) of it's CP's peaked.

If you make your Rectangle from 4 seperate splines or Smooth (instead of Peaked) then this does not happen.

I can't say that I've done much splining with Peaked Splines.

It's easy to reproduce, so you should file a bug report.

Thanks that helps a lot.