Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Changing the alpha channel color...

Postality

is there any way I can change the alpha channel color from black to something else?

I need solid black on the outside of this character thing I'm making, and I know most software can do it, so that's why I'm here.

I just don't know how to probably.

as always, any help is greatly appreciate.

Thanx guys.

• Replies 1
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

• Hash Fellow

That's a trick question. An "alpha channel" is really just one channel that has no "color" of its own. It's just transparency information.

A:M will render the color black around an object in an image that has an alpha channel, but that black is really in the color channels just like the image of the object.

is there any way I can change the alpha channel color from black to something else?.

you could load your targa into Photoshop, load the alpha channel as a "selection", invert the selection, and fill the selection with whatever color you need. I don't know if this will creat a halo problem or not.

I need solid black on the outside of this character thing I'm making, and I know most software can do it, so that's why I'm here

If you need it to be black, why do you want to change it from black?

If you just need the object rendered on some solid color, turn the Alpha buffer OFF and set the camera background color to whateveryou want.