Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Default Choreography Length - Help

BMatthews

Hi There,

I'm having troubles adjusting path length verses choreography length. I start off with a new project and choreography, set the chor length to 15 seconds. Then create a simple path which is also 15 seconds. Drop an object (character) on it (I chose Turtle Tom from the Extras disk) and he moves along it just fine - does the whole path in 15 seconds (I haven't added the turtle walk yet).

Now I extend the choreography length to 30 seconds, thinking the turtle will complete the path in 15 seconds, then stand still for another 15 seconds. The properties for Choreography Action 1 under both the Turtle Tom shortcut and under the Path shortcut show Chor Range End at 15. Yet in reality, the Turtle now takes the entire 30 seconds to complete the path.

How do I make the Turtle move 15 seconds, then stand still for the next 15 seconds?

On a related question, why are there two Choreography Action 1 (one under the character and one under the path)? And what is the green check mark next to them mean?

Thanks for any help,

Bruce

PS. I'm using AM 2006 Windows version 13

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

In the path properties, set the ease to 0% on frame 0 and 100% on 15 sec.

Each model, character and path, need to have information inside them telling AM where they are and at what rotation....aside from any extra keys you might put in. The chor actions hold that info.

The tick beside the action is only relevant if there are multiple actions under one model. Then you know which action you're keying under....the one with the green tick....which is activated by clicking on the action you want.