Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Self lit patches

Postality

I wanted to know if there's a way to remove all the lights in the room and have the model self luminated.

I know this must sound like a strange request, but I'm making a game with my animations and the engine already has lighting for the models so it would look strage with shadows and lights reflecting off the character.

I'm using a pre-render method for the game, I'm not using the model itself which is why this is important.

Thanx guys.

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Postality.

Rather than remove the light, which would make your figure in the dark, turn off the switches for shadows and reflections. Turn off the cast shadows, receives shadows and the cast reflections options in the properties box. This should solve your problem.

Phil...

I wanted to know if there's a way to remove all the lights in the room and have the model self luminated.

I know this must sound like a strange request, but I'm making a game with my animations and the engine already has lighting for the models so it would look strage with shadows and lights reflecting off the character.

I'm using a pre-render method for the game, I'm not using the model itself which is why this is important.

Thanx guys.

wouldn't that mean I'd have to make several lights around the character to make it appear that it's all lit up?

I'm new to this so I'm not sure.

I know in some software I can make the actual model self luminated so I don't have to have any lights etc. the model itself would be a light kinda thing.

wouldn't that mean I'd have to make several lights around the character to make it appear that it's all lit up?

I'm new to this so I'm not sure.

I know in some software I can make the actual model self luminated so I don't have to have any lights etc. the model itself would be a light kinda thing.

Self-illumination in A:M = Ambience Color + Intensity(you can find both at the surface-properties of a group or the whole model).

You can although play with the diffuse fall-off.

But after that you have to do something with your lights. You can delete them and you will see your model anyway, but it will look very flat.

Another approach is Ambient Occlusion. You can set a color or in combination with an image-based-lightening an image to tell the model how it should look.

Try it out and find the setting which is most suited for your needs.

You can find some more indeepth-informations about Ambient Occlusion HERE.

*Fuchur*