Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Problem with v12.0u??

Gundam

I have been on and off the video tutorials for the last 6 months, part of it being my problem to get AM to work.

I followed video tutorial http://www.hash.com/ftp/VM/EX13BackBone/ about three times, and found that while I build the model, AM would somehow swap LEFT and RIGHT bones (arms and legs) in the middle of session. After my second try, I realized even if the bones were swapped (reversed), if I saved the model and re-open it, the bones revert back to it's proper orientation. However, when I opened up ACTION mode for each of the three models I built, the LEFT and RIGHT ankle seemed to be stuck in the same motion (when I moved RIGHT foot, LEFT foot would simultaneously move to the same direction). In addition, "Error Loading String: -1" pops up in the lefthand corner of the screen from time to time.

To summarize the problems: 1) LEFT and RIGHT bones swaps in the middle of the session, 2) in ACTION mode, LEFT and RIGHT ankles seemed to stick together.

Is there some bug in 12.0u??? If so, are there patches for the bug?? Attached is one of the models I've made. Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!

PS: I purchased my AM CD v11.1 in Jan 2006 and someone in the Community told me to load the upgraded version from HASH website, so I now have v12.0u running off of my 11.1 CD. I noticed both v11.1 and v12.0u are in my program folder and not sure if that is causing the problem. I found the update is usually only good for the year the CD was purchased. Does that mean I can only upgrade to v11.x?? :unsure:

MyBonelessThom.mdl

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just tried a few more times and found that whatever I do when assigning the foot bones individually, with Hide CPs used, both LEFT and RIGHT feet are tied together.

I closed the mdel several times to fix the LEFT and RIGHT foot bone assignment, but they would not stay seperate. :closedeyes:

• Hash Fellow

Actually there is a 12.0w, that's what I have but I doubt that is the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "swapping" bones... a "right" bone shows up in the left leg?

Is it possible you hit the rear view when you thought you were hitting the front view? Thom would look the same in both views.

But i opened the model. many foot CPs were assigned to the opposite foot bone. I fixed that.

MyBonelessThomRepaired.zip

I put him in an action. It seems to behave normally.

Actually there is a 12.0w, that's what I have but I doubt that is the problem.

I'm not sure what you mean by "swapping" bones... a "right" bone shows up in the left leg?

Is it possible you hit the rear view when you thought you were hitting the front view? Thom would look the same in both views.

But i opened the model. many foot CPs were assigned to the opposite foot bone. I fixed that.

MyBonelessThomRepaired.zip

I put him in an action. It seems to behave normally.

Thanks for checking. I noticed halfway through modeling, when I click, for example, on LEFT leg bone, the Project Workspace would have RIGHT leg highlighted. If I close and re-open the model, it kind of fixes itself but would do the same thing halfway through modeling again. So I basically had to constently close and re-open.

That's strange. I followed the video tutorial several times and use the Hide CPs feature to group the bones one foot at a time, but for some reason, the program seemed to hit parts of the other foof as well. It was not until after several times of closing, opening, and fixing the feet, was I able to make it normal, but I thought I shouldn't have to keep closing and opening to make it work.

Can you tell me where can I find the 12w version, perhaps I can reload my v11.1 and then upgrade to 12w??

• Hash Fellow

I've never had a "swap" like that happen to me. Is mirror mode off?? That shouldn't affect bones anyway.

It's weird this is happening on the feet and not on other right-left bones.

Did this happen to you with 11.1?

you can have v11.1 and v12 installed simultaneously, they sit in different folders by default.

ftp://ftp.hash.com/pub/updates/ has all the last versions of every version. I presume 12w is in there although I'm not sure whether it is AM2006 or AM2005. trial and error should find it. Perhaps someone else here knows exactly which file it is.

Last year I was having similar screwy problems on version 8.5 deleating and reloasing the program would help for a while but the problem would return.

Turned out to be a CPU problem. New Mother board solved the problem.

You might consider that. May or may not help, but it solved my problem.

V14 is the way to go though.

Camillo

:huh:

Thanks!!! I upgraded to v12w.

And this is embarassing, I found that I did indeed view the model on the wrong view while building the model. I came home and built the model again and found I've been using NUM 8 which was like you said the BACK view. However, I had to tweek a little bit more on the elbow area. I used your repaired model as a reference :D

So will I always need the disc in the drive to run AM??? Is there any workarounds??

• Hash Fellow
So will I always need the disc in the drive to run AM??? Is there any workarounds??

The other option was a usb dongle. Not inexpensive however. I got a second cheap used CD drive and leave the A:M CD in there.

I understand they are going to online activation for future versions but I dont' know the details of that.