Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Voice Action In Choreography

greg

Hello again,

I'm making progress with A:M but of course now I get to the hard part adding a voice. I have a choreography where at the end I want to have a character, Eddie for the time being, say a sentence. I've watched the "Can you say that" tutorials and I think I'm doing things correctly. I've created a new action in my choreography for Eddie, imported my WAV file, created the dope sheet and moved the words so that it synchs up. I've saved the action and then put it into the choreography where it is supposed to go on the timeline. However, Eddie's lips don't move. The audio file plays but no lip movement. Earlier in the choreography I did make Eddie smile a bit. Is that the cause of my problem? I also noticed that the voice action does have an ease value in the properties. Should that start out as 0 moving to 100% by the end of the action? I'm kind of at the end of my rope trying different things to get the lips to synch.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Greg

• Replies 8
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you've used the same controls in the chor action as you used in the dialog actions, then they interfere.....you should really keep them separate. It's neater. But you can make it work by setting your chor action to "ADD" in it's properties.....at the moment it's set to "REPLACE".....and it's over-riding your dialog controls.

Thanks Ken,

Although that didn't seem to work. Maybe a little more info. Prior to the voice action I had two choreography actions, which allow Eddie to walk, yawn and perform other actions. Everything works fine. The tutorial I found where it showed how to add other animation after the resolute walk was great. I now add the voice action. I also thought to add a third choreography action and have it and the voice action run parallel. I changed the property of both the choreography action and the voice action to add. Again, the audio file plays but no lip synch. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Greg

Try dragging the dialog action to the bottom of all the actions in the PWS.....it will take priority over the others then....and set it back to REPLACE. See if that does it.

Or, is the actual sound file only in the action.....maybe it's also in the chor? At what frame does the "red bar" for the dialog action start?

Unfortunately, dragging the voice action to the bottom and changing back to replace didn't work. Choreography Action 3 ends at frame 00:27:20. Choreography Action 1, the new one I added and the Voice Action begin at frame 00:27:00. However, the Voice Action has a small red square at 00:00:00 and at 00:27:20 with a white narrow line from 00 to 27:20. The Choreography Action 1 is just gray with no red squares or narrow white line from 00 to 27:20, where the red line begins for the length of the action.

Thanks,

Greg

And the animation plays all the way up to 32 seconds? I can't think of anything else.....I'd need to have a look at the project for any more progress. If you do attach it, embed everything and save as a separate project. And you'd have to include the sound file separately.

Thanks Ken,

I'm going to try a couple of things. Like creating a new choreography and just putting the dialog file in to see if that works. I'll also check the CDs that came with the two books I bought for A:M. There might be something there. If I can't get anything to work. I'll attach the project and the wave file.

Thanks again, Greg