sprockets Live Answer Time Home Page Featured Free Models spotlight Rigged Spider Tinkering Gnome's Workshop
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Chessboard

Hodari

• Replies 4
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like this model!

I never had the inclination to make one, but thats a nice model, especially if its your first.

Only one or two points, but not really criticisms.

When you made the grid for the chessboard, and just extruded it to give it thickness, you made a lot of extra splines that are not actually needed. Although fairly negligible in this instance, that adds to the size of the model and increases the render times. Its therefore considered not good practice. You could just go ahead and delete them without impacting on the model.

The other thing is, if you make each piece as an individual, then you can assemble them all in the cho. file, like you did with the characters.

Then you might find it easier to move the pieces -you could rig them separately, and give them individual actions.

Chris

chessboard.jpg

hmm.. i first try and think if i can do only chessboard and and give each square white and plack colour. but then i cant see wood from under. so i make on top new grid and put transparent on it... so wood show under it.

( i wonder why my model allways come so big and computer shout for help...)

i try last week build my aquarium and that picture is in still forum... i put file in here if some want use it.. all look it..

i allways have lots of idea but that carry out is so much hard.

Try read here A:M resource site but so many link not work in me.

but i learn slow an my own way what is not perhaps fast way or right way... :)

aquarium.mdl

post-9948-1190204123_thumb.jpg