sprockets Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Hair problem

alano

Hello all, I'm having a problem I've not seen elsewhere in the forums and I hope someone can help me. I have a hairy character that looks fine in the model window and for the first 15-20 frames of the chor. but she sprouts wild-ass (can I say ass on these boards?) hairs from part of her geometry after that. These hairs are much longer than they are supposed to be and show up in real-time as well as rendered pics. I've tried deleting the hair from the model and reapplying it, changing the length of the hair and weeping pitiously but to no avail. I'm running v13 on a P4 winXP system. Here is a pic from a motion test:

post-10969-1187217937_thumb.jpg

Thanks,

Alan

• Replies 3
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

HA! Cool characters!

Do both fellows hair employ collision detection at the same time? I've tried this before with 2 characters in the same scene both with CDhair and it drives the hair 'wonkers'...

Yes...you CAN say 'ass' on this forum. Just NOT when referring to me...

Thanks for the responses. Ken, the spacebar trick didn't work but upgrading to v14 did (so far). I had thought I was using the newest version but I guess that whole number thing is a bit too much for me. John, I do have collision set for both, perhaps I'll try and turn it off on the least needy one for each shot as I go. I'm a little worried because I have a shot coming up with three characters. I suppose I could render them separately if I have to. I dislike workarounds though :angry:

Alan