sprockets 2001 Star Gate effect in A:M with PRJ Comparison of AO and Radiosity Renders Animated Commercial by Soulcage Tralfaz's Lost In Space Robot Rodger Reynold's Architectural WIP Live Answer Time Demo Tinkering Gnome's Sparkler PRJ
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

Character Motions

greg

Hi,

I've been trying different ways to get what I am trying to do for about three weeks now and haven't been able to get it right. I'm trying to have a character walk into a scene, stop, and then maybe put his hands on his hips, or turn toward the back of the seen, or both. Here is what I am doing.

Add a character and a path and constrain the character to the path.

Add the resolute walk action to the character.

Using Path Ease have the character traverse the path, part way or completely.

Turn toward the back of the scene

For the most part the character does this, except that he starts to turn before he completes his walk. That's not too big a problem if it is only his head. But, if I turn his feet the motion from the walk doesn't happen.

I've tried setting a key frame at the end of his walk, I thought that would freeze everything up to that point. My key buttons at the bottom of the chor. are set with the A:M default. However, when I move his head say as frame 00:03:15, the key frame marker on the timeline for the head moves also.

I've already purchased two A:M books in addition to the A:M TAO manual which came with the software and none of them explain these key buttons in detail or really give a good explanation of key frames. I thought I understood this concept from some other simple animation software I have used.

Can anyone help?

Thanks,

Greg

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks, Nancy

I agree with the reply in the post you sent me to, this is a great tutorial. I've been looking for something that explains actions vs choreographies etc. since I bought this software in June.

Greg