sprockets Shelton's new Char: Hans It's just donuts by ItsJustMe 3D Printing Free model: USS Midnight Rodger Reynolds' 1950s Street Car Madfox's Pink Floyd Video Tinkering Gnome's Elephant
sprockets
Recent Posts | Unread Content
Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

ANOTHER VIDEO QUESTION

Stronghorn

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

how do you get video to play as rotoscope behind your model so you see them at same time. I get video to play but have to minimize one screen to see the other. Thanks in advance for any help.

For seeing a video with your model in:

1. A modeling window

2. An action Window

3. A chor window

While in the front view, right click on an empty area of the window to bring up the context menu. Select New->Rotoscope->Other and then select the video from disk. That should do it but if you have problems in an action or chor window select the rotoscope in the PWS, expand it and locate the frame number. On the action or chor frame zero (or whatever frame you want the video to start on) place a zero in the rotos frame number. Advance the action or chor's current frame number to where you want the video to end and then place the last frame of the video in the rotos frame number.

or

Import the video into the PWS image area. Drag and drop the video from the PWS to the window where you want it and drop it. In the menu that comes up specify 'rotoscope'. If needed set the roto frame number as discussed above.

I do this all the time to help animate a character (I video tape myself doing it). Sometimes it takes a moment for the video frame to appear after you change it but kick the tire a few times and it works.

Rusty

how do you get video to play as rotoscope behind your model so you see them at same time. I get video to play but have to minimize one screen to see the other. Thanks in advance for any help.

For seeing a video with your model in:

1. A modeling window

2. An action Window

3. A chor window

While in the front view, right click on an empty area of the window to bring up the context menu. Select New->Rotoscope->Other and then select the video from disk. That should do it but if you have problems in an action or chor window select the rotoscope in the PWS, expand it and locate the frame number. On the action or chor frame zero (or whatever frame you want the video to start on) place a zero in the rotos frame number. Advance the action or chor's current frame number to where you want the video to end and then place the last frame of the video in the rotos frame number.

or

Import the video into the PWS image area. Drag and drop the video from the PWS to the window where you want it and drop it. In the menu that comes up specify 'rotoscope'. If needed set the roto frame number as discussed above.

I do this all the time to help animate a character (I video tape myself doing it). Sometimes it takes a moment for the video frame to appear after you change it but kick the tire a few times and it works.

Rusty

Thanks Rusty