Ravager

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You can't see the light or the light's lens flare? You can only see a light if volumetrics are on or the light is reflecting off something. If you can't see the lens flare, you probably don't have it turned on in the PWS (Project Work Space) Object folder. You need to turn on lens flare for the light in the Object folder. Once you've done that, do a quick render in the chor and you should see it.

ok, here's a step by step:

1: open AM

2: Start a new project by clicking "new" under Project

3: Double click "Choreographies" in the PWS (Project Work Space) to get a new Chor window

4: Put the cursor in the center of the chor window right click and chose new light

5: Put the cursor over the highlight of the new light, right click and you should have a menu pop up with an option to select "Select Cache(light1)"

6: This option will be bold, select that one

7: Once selected, the Objects folder in the PWS will open and highlight the new light - Light1. Now look under the properties pane and expand the "Options" tab.

8: Once the "Options" tab is expanded, you must click "Lens Flare" to show "ON"

9: Now go back to the choreography window, hit"Q" and click anywhere in the chor window - What do you get?

10: To see the light and lens flare better, delete the ground, pick black for the camera's background color and do another quick render.

The attached picture is exactly what I got following my directions.

post-10422-1181200430_thumb.jpg

ok, i think i may know what the problem is, i just don't know how to fix it. i put the light in a pose for a model (on/ off), and the lights are klieg type, with a width of .4 cm and cone angle is 0 degrees. even though i'm looking directly at the light, i still can't see the lens flare.

Couple of things: Why a cone angle of 0 degrees? What is the light supposed to illuminate? Please post a couple of shots of your chor - one from directly overhead and one from camera angle. Also, you can always fake it by putting in a bulb light in the chor and putting it really close to the other light but in line with the camera. Then just have the lens flare come from that.