Hash, Inc. - Animation:Master

shiny hair

hybrid

I have a little hair trouble. I made a werewolf (It's one of my first good models), but I want the hair to cover the whole body. When I put the hair on my character though it doesn't completely cover the body. It just looks like little hair tothpicks poking out everywhere. Also since my model is a werewolf I want to make his hair/fur look shiny and dog like. How would I be able to do this?

• Replies 2
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a little hair trouble. I made a werewolf (It's one of my first good models), but I want the hair to cover the whole body. When I put the hair on my character though it doesn't completely cover the body. It just looks like little hair tothpicks poking out everywhere. Also since my model is a werewolf I want to make his hair/fur look shiny and dog like. How would I be able to do this?

There's a discussion about the hair shaders here and there's an explanation of how to apply and groom hair here.

Hope that helps.

When I put the hair on my character though it doesn't completely cover the body.

More density will give you more hair, since 20 hairs look different on 1 cm than 100 hairs, you should make several hair-materials... small, medium and large.

It just looks like little hair tothpicks poking out everywhere.

The standard hair material has 2CP and dynamic set to off, so experiment with more CP for flexibility and dynamics-settings.

Niels